Monday, August 08, 2022

Food Inspiration / Zucchini Pizzetta Bread or little Pizza


I have some Food Inspiration for you today. When I only have a little.... I make pizzetta bread. 

This picture is a good example of an easy way to use up the last of your zucchini by slicing it up and baking it on homemade bread. (pizza / pizzetta) Which is exactly what I did for my lunch today. Early this morning I went out to pick some zucchini because I had in my mind, I was going to make some fresh baked lofts of zucchini bread. But when I went out, I found that I didn't have any. Animals came in the night and ate my zucchini and only left me with 1 little zucchini. So, when I only have a little... I make pizzetta bread instead.

Let's talk about Pizzetta so everyone understands

pizzetta (pluralpizzette) is a small pizza that can range in size from a finger food at around eight centimeters (3 in) in diameter to that of a small personal-sized pizza. I think they work great not just for a light lunch but for a party table where small finger food is being served. For me... I make it the most when I only have a little bit of something left that I need to use up. Wink~

How it's traditionally served

Pizzetta can be served as an hors d'oeuvre, a snack food and as a light meal. It's common for it to be served with wine to complement the dish. Which is exactly how I enjoyed it today. It is sometimes prepared without a sauce, but you can make a sauce if you want to. I didn't make a sauce today; I just used herbs and zucchini and enjoyed a glass of wine with it and I very much enjoyed it. Pizzetta can be prepared using flatbread as a bread base, but puff pastry is also used too. Additional herbs and greens can be added after pizzetta has been cooked. 

A look into our Holiday Calendar

📅 Did you know we have a National Pizza Day that's celebrated every February 9th? Yep, we sure do! These tiny little pizzas would be fun to make for that.

My Closing Thoughts~

I hope this has inspired you to use a little to make a lot.

"Live everyday like a Holiday" Pam

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

No comments: