Thursday, August 11, 2022

Toasted Creamy Avocado Sandwich / What's in that sandwich?


I saw this sandwich picture and it looked so good I tried to recreate it. So what's in that sandwich?

  • I toasted my bread just like in the picture. Not sure what kind of bread it was but I had a fresh made loaf of white bread, so I went with that. I cut my slices a bit thicker than the standard slice.
  • Then I smushed up a bowl of avocado. Do I spread it on plain or do I make it into guacamole first? I wasn't sure so I went with plain first. 
  • I then sliced up cucumbers and layered it on. Do you think it's cucumbers? I think it was cucumbers. It looked like it had 2 layers so I sliced up 2 thin layers of cucumbers.
  • Then I layered sprouts on the sandwich. I wonder what kind of sprouts it was. Bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, I will go with what I've got. 
  • Then comes the white stuff. What do you think that layer is? Is it cottage cheese? Is it cream cheese? Is it feta cheese? I couldn't tell from the picture, so I just mixed all 3 together. LOL! 
  • I went heavy on the salt and pepper.
  • I made my sandwich a tall sandwich just like the picture. So tall I could barely get my mouth around it. Yum!
Then I tasted..... this tastes really creamy
Then I tasted again..... this tastes really different

It tasted very light. It tasted a bit to light but good. So I took the remaining smushed avocado and made guacamole and tried that instead of plain and I like it much better. That flavor move made it feel more satisfying. I loved the layer of cucumbers. The sprouts were.... just ok. The sandwich was so beautiful though. But I have to be honest I was hungry again after 2 hours. It didn't fill me up. But it did make me crave the creamy sandwich again. 

What do you think was in the sandwich?
.............................................................★☆★............................................................

Happy National Sandwich Month everyone

"Live everyday like a Holiday" Pam

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

No comments: