Tuesday, September 21, 2021

I grow many of my herbs in flower pots


 Hello everyone! Pam here

I have a great love of plants so I thought I would share with you a picture of the herbs I planted at the 1st of Spring. Now all of these plants are planted in a gallon size flower pot.  I do have a little herb garden planted in the ground but I really enjoy growing them in a pot so I can decorate the patio plus have the plants on my door step close to the kitchen. This way I can just step out the kitchen door and snip away when I'm cooking.  LOL!  Ohhhh.... and it makes it easy to take them in the house during cold weather or stormy weather too.

What herbs are in the picture?

Lemongrass, pineapple sage, green sage, purple sage, bush sage, lavender, sweet oregano, Greek oregano, flat leaf parsley, rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, chamomile, sage... did I leave one out? Oh cilantro.

Herbal Teas

I grow other herbs as well but I didn't take a picture of those. It's mostly the mints like peppermint, spearmint, chocolate mint etc. I also have lemon balm, bee balm and lemon verbena in my herb garden as well. Most all of these herbs are in my garden because I like to use them for hot teas. I love drinking hot tea and they are so healing for you to drink too.

In Closing

I hope the picture has inspired you to grow some potted herbs of your own. My body truly feels better when I make drinking herbal tea a part of my daily life. Give it a try and feel the difference ok.

I have just talked myself into making a warm simmering pot of herbal tea. Let me go pick what I need. Have a great day everyone. Talk to you tomorrow. Love, Pam

......................................................................................

Holidays to remember:

❤  National Herb Week / Always the 1st week in May

❤  National Herb Day / 1st Saturday in May

......................................................................................

 International Herb Association has chosen an Herb of the Year to highlight. The "Horticultural Committee evaluates possible choices based on their being outstanding in at least two of the three major categories: medicinal, culinary, or decorative." Herb societies, groups, and organizations, from around the world, work together to educate the public about these important herbs throughout the year."

2018 / Hops

2019 / Anise-Hyssop

2020 / Blackberries, Raspberries

2021 / Parsley

2022 / Viola Violet, Pansey,  Heartsease

2023 / Ginger

2024 /Yarrow

2025 /Camomile


No comments: