Saturday, September 11, 2021

Working with Black Elderberry this week


 Good Morning everyone! Pam here~

I'm working with black elderberries this week...

so I thought I would share with you a few pics of my elderberry tree and some fresh elderberries that I picked from the tree. I also enjoy picking a few elderberry blossoms and drying them for their medicinal properties. Elderflowers have been used for centuries as an anti-inflammatory and a pain reliever too. The blooms can also be used for acute joint inflammation and relief for toothaches. How about that! 

But you really have to be careful. 

You can eat the berries when they are cooked but the leaves, stems and roots of the tree are toxic to humans. This is important to know. Here's a nice little information link for you.


Read more at Gardening Know How: What To Do With Elderflowers: How To Use Elderflowers From The Garden https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/elderberry/what-to-do-with-elderflowers.htm

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Now what your watching in the video is my little harvest for the day. 

You will see my pickings from the elderberry tree and my pickings from my hot pepper plants. You can also see a beautiful fresh bowl from my fig tree that is over 50 years old. Also in the picture you can see a jar of sliced yellow pear tomatoes and herbs in olive oil. This tastes soooo good on bread or crackers and is super healthy for you too. It's suggested to eat a cracker full a day. I did a video on it that's listed on my youtube channel. I think I titled it "Dried tomato and herbs in oil." Hummm.... let me see if I can find it for you. I really should post it on my blog here to be honest. I could put it advertise free so you could watch it without adds popping up on the screen. But in the mean time... here's the youtube version. It's about 12 minutes long but you will enjoy it.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoq_nFMK6UY

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

More Elderberry to come:

I have more elderberry videos for you. I have an elderberry tea one in the making and I have one dehydrating elderberries too. So keep an eye out for more elderberry fun if your into elderberries like I am. The awesome thing about this is I only have 1 small elderberry tree that I prune back all the way to the ground every single year and it gives me plenty of elderberries to get me through the winter.  I can't wait to make my elderberry syrup for my pancakes this winter. Yummmm!

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A big thank you to all my internet friends 

A big thank you to all my Internet friends who enjoy spending the day with me. You know I try to always be on the positive side so you all know my motto: "Live everyday like a holiday." Enjoy life! Get out there and share what your learning everyone. Pass on your love for life. We need that right? Until next time / Love to you all, Pam

P.S: If you want to get feeds of my posts in your email then you can subscribe to my blog feed here. http://feeds2.feedburner.com/EverydayIsAHoliday

No comments: