Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Munch for Lunch / Green Beans, ham, potatoes, onion and cornbread


 Yesterday I shared a clip of my green beans cooking... 

and I talked about fresh green beans. Today I wanted to share pictures of my "Munch for Lunch", my green bean complete meal so you could see the whole plate. This meal was my Super Sunday Supper and the left overs because my "Munch for Lunch." LOL

Now I want to share a link with you. 

I actually filmed a video of this meal being cooked if you would like to go and watch me make it. I made the whole meal in 1 pot. Yep, a true 1 pot meal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWAeDioN1w&t=45s


Photo angles

I took several angles of the same plate so you could get a good look of my "Munch for Lunch" I call this recipe my "Sweet Heat Green Beans." Why? Because it's sweet from a tad bit of honey and it has heat because of the peppers.


You can tell this meal has everything you need for a complete meal. 

It has ham for the meat, it has healthy green beans, it has onion for a vegetable and it has beautiful brown bottom potatoes and last but not least... for the bread, I made southern cornbread.


Browning the potatoes

Now if you watch the video you will be able to see how I was able to brown the potatoes for a 1 pot meal. The key is cooking the meal in a flat pan. That way you can slice the potatoes in half, then press the flat side of the potato in the bottom of the pan.


Cornbread to taste

Anytime I cook ham and beans I always want soft on the inside and really crispy cornbread on the outside for my bread. Now since my beans have a hint of sweetness to it, because of the honey... I choose to cook a savory cornbread instead of a sweet cornbread.


Butter on the bread

I don't know about you, but my mouth says I need lot's of real white butter on my cornbread. You can see from this picture that the cornbread was still hot and had started slightly melting the butter and it was soaking into the cornbread. Yummmm!

I really enjoyed this Southern Meal!

I have to tell you that this meal was very satisfying when it came to taste.  The grease in the ham seasoned the beans and potatoes just perfect and allowed the potatoes to brown even in a pan that had water in it. It was also satisfying from it's beautiful colors.  It had a beautiful circle of different food colors all around the plate that would be a nice visual effect if you had dinner guests.

In Closing...

Thank you for being with me today as I shared my "Munch for Lunch." Remember that anytime you visit this website you will be able to find my latest Munch for Lunch in the right hand sidebar under the title " Popular Topics" then you will see "Munch for Lunch." Just click it and it will take you to my latest lunch post.

If you want to see my latest "Super Sunday Supper".... same directions. Right hand sidebar, except it's under "Weekly Fun", then "Super Sunday Supper" ~Wink~  Love, Pam

No comments: