Tuesday, September 21, 2021

My Fresh Green Beans are Cooking


 Ohhhh ya'll! 

There's nothing like fresh green beans from green bean plants I promise you. Now this year I planted Blue Lake Bush type green beans and not the vine type. Doesn't matter which one you plant they are both very tasty. Anyway... what you see simmering in the pot is green and yellow bush beans both. You also see fresh herbs, onions and seasoning. Tomorrow I will post more pictures of the 1 pot meal that I cooked with these beans. So keep an eye out for my "Munch for Lunch" tomorrow.


Now what your looking at is the bush type blue lake green beans. 

These are the plants that I picked my beans from that you see simmering in the pot. I could of planted these in the ground but I hate to pick beans from the ground. LOL~ I like them planted in a tall flower pot so I don't have to kill my back when I'm picking beans. If you've ever picked beans you will know what I mean. With green beans you just about have to use both hands to pop them off so you don't break the limbs. You can also plant the vine variety. 


Here's the mess of beans I picked for the meal.

 It was plenty for a big pan full. I snapped off the ends, washed them, then added to the pan.

That's my post for today

❤  I hope you enjoyed watching my simmering beans today. I loved the sound of the simmering water didn't you. LOL~ I just want to encourage everyone to be thankful for the little things in life. Something as simple as a small green bean bush is special. Especially when it provides you enough of beans for a full bowl and a full meal. So thankful! Remember, something as simple as watching simmering beans cook is relaxing. That's a blessing too ya know.  Don't take anything for granted. 

❤  Remember to watch my "Munch for Lunch". I will have it ready for you by tomorrow. Love Pam

No comments: