Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Banana Splits Remembered


The Banana Splits
Originally uploaded by stevesobczuk
Is anybody old enough to remember "The Banana Splits?

August 25 is National Banana Splits Day but I'm sure this holiday is referring to the food and not the band- But, I just had to blog about the show that use to come on Saturdays when I was a kid- The band was called the Banana Splits and they made Saturdays and being a kid really great! It was called "The Banana Splits Adventure Hour"

"The Banana Splits Adventure Hour was an hour-long, packaged television program that featured both live action and animated segments. The series was produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions, and ran for 31 episodes on NBC Saturday mornings, from September 7, 1968 to September 5, 1970. The series costumes and sets were designed by Sid and Marty Krofft and the series' sponsor was Kellogg's Cereals. The show was Hanna-Barbera’s initial foray into mixing live action with animation. The hosts of the show were Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky (a dog, gorilla, lion, and elephant)."
wikipdedia has info on them-

Gosh, I would watch it all over again if it came back on TV!
Does anybody remember them?

7 comments:

Beverly said...

I remember them! I was around 12 years old and watched the show all the time. The show is on TV again because my grandchildren watch it.

They looks a little different than I remembered them.

Anonymous said...

Banana Splits Season 1 coming to DVD in the UK September 21, 2009

Video of Banana Splits said...

Here's a video on youtube of the show. Try watching some of the youtube videos of them playing their songs. Great songs LOL!

Chuck said...

A great show back then! Thank you for taking me back to my past.

Anonymous said...

I loved them too!

~~louise~~ said...

I barely remember The Banana Splits, (okay so I maybe a tad bit older) I think my younger sister use to watch them. Funny you should mention TV shows of the past, I was just thinking of Gidget!

Rob's Quill said...

Yes, I loved them as a kid. If you go to Amazon they appear to have music/videos of The Banana Splits.