Monday, September 13, 2021

Lemongrass stir sticks for tea time


 Today I'm sharing how I make lemongrass stir sticks for my tea.

Lemongrass is very easy to grow in the garden and the smell is such a delight. It has a true lemon scent when you rub the grass, cut the grass or even just brush up against it when walking in the garden. It is a grass and for those that's not familiar with it... the blades of the grass has a gripping quality and it's easy to cut your fingers on it. In fact the grass is like little blades in your hand so you have to be aware of what your doing. ~wink

Better Health / Religion

There's several species of lemongrass but the one I have in my garden is the one I've always known that was used for healthy digestion and to boost immunity when added as hot tea. It also has antioxidant properties they say. Plus I cook with it. I use it in soups, beef dishes, fish dishes and seafood dishes.  And... even thought I don't make curries very often, it is popular in curries too.

There are religions and cultures that use some varieties to conjur, to protect against evil, spiritually clean a house, and to bring good luck in love as they say it. They use the fresh grass or lemongrass oil. I'm sure you've all heard of lemongrass oil. 

I loveeeee lemongrass oil used in a diffuser. 

In fact it's diffusing in my kitchen as we speak. lol!  Now if you read some essential oil bottles it will tell you it overpowers the feelings of nervousness, gives you a positive outlook, eliminates mental fatigue and heightens your awareness. Lemongrass can be applied topically, used aromatically or taken internally. That's why I love this simple herb. Yes I'm going to call it an herb. It's an herb to me an not just a grass.

Lemongrass Stir Sticks

I can actually say I've never heard of anyone else but me making lemongrass stir sticks and I can't imagine why. lol~. I've always made them and put them in my hot tea when fresh lemongrass was in season. I did a google search about it and couldn't find anyone doing it except in cooking so I wanted to spark everyone creative tea thinking and remind everyone that you can make lemongrass stir sticks for something fun and lemon tasting for your tea. 

Emotional Aspects of Lemongrass?

Now when I think about tea, I think of quiet times, comfort, my emotional mood etc. Now that I think about it, I always reach for hot tea when I'm feeling sad because I really do see it as a comfort to me. They say that Lemongrass has "Emotional Aspects" to it too. They say it releases the feeling of dread and failure and removes toxicity. I wonder? It is also said lemongrass instills joy and spiritual cleansing. I wonder about that too. What is your experience? I believe it to be true since I reach for it for comfort. Once you drink it, or use lemongrass, it creates a lighter emotion. I wonder if it helps cleanse the mind, body and soul? I think so~

I hope you enjoyed my video. 

If any of my Internet friends love lemongrass, then share it with me. I would love to know any other ways to us it to spark my own herbal creativity. ~Smileeee

No comments: