Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Crafty Time / The Country Way to Decorate with pine cones

Decorating with pine cones

Pine cones are a great FREE item that's perfect for decorating the house and porch with. You can make so many things with them and the pine smell is just awesome. I have a huge pine tree in yard that drops tons of pine cones on the ground that I can use. I have an every ending amount that I can use to make crafts with or use for decorating.

Each year I make a simple wreath for the door made with pine cones. 

If you look at the picture above, this is the standard way I like to make my wreaths. On the outside of the wreath I like to rotate full pine cones with the skinny squirrel eaten pine cones. LOL~ I think burlap material adds the best country flair to a wreath but if I'm putting it on the outside door I like to use plastic coated ribbon because of the moisture. The best thing I could ever tell anyone about wreaths outside is...... spray and seal! Spray and seal! Spray and seal! Try making a all pine cone wreath too. Thick with pine cones. It's a lot of work but it's super beautiful.

Sometimes I just fill a huge basket with pinecones

Yep sometimes I just fill a huge basket with pinecones and put them on the porch with a big colorful bow on it. It is so pretty. I really should do one for this year and take a picture and post it for everyone.

Pine Cone Ornaments

One year I put a Christmas Tree on the porch and made all pine cone ornaments for the decorations. I spray painted the pine cones which made them shiny. I also added a bow to the tops of them and put about 50 of them on the tree. I then added simple white twinkle lights on the tree. It was simple & beautiful.

Garland

Buy yourself a cheap thin green garland and tie on a bunch of pinecones to thicken it up. The focus will be the pine cones themselves but the little bit of green that will show through will accent it. Not much green will show because your using the garland limbs to tie on the cones with. It will turn out beautiful. 

The Picture Above

The picture above is actually a display I made for a craft show where I was selling wreaths. My display was about 6 white door examples that I set up for people to get ideas from. I was disappointed when I found out there was no electricity and I couldn't turn my twinkle lights. :/

That's my "Craft Time Share Time" post

❤  Writing this post has made me want to start making some pine cone crafts again. I think I will get a bucket and start picking up pine cones and get started on my Fall decorations. Enjoy all the free stuff that nature provides for us. 

Happy Crafting and Happy Holidays everyone. Love Pam


No comments: