Monday, September 20, 2021

Craft Time / My Wooden Snowman sitters



 This is the time of the year that I start putting my focus on my crafts

❤  The pictures above is a row of wooden snowman sitters that me and my brother Eddie finished building. They are about a foot tall and around 2 inches wide. I painting each sign the snowman was holding a little different. Once the paint was dry... I coated them with wood glaze to seal them. They are super cute and super country. Such a great little shelf sitter.

The Snowman Arms

❤  Now this snowman is "our own pattern." Most wood projects that you find call for the arms of the snowman to be made with dowel rods or tree limbs but the bad part of that is... they always break when people pack them up from year to year. So this year we decided to try a version where we made the arms with large pipe cleaners. In fact I twisted 2 large black pipe cleaners together to shape the arms and it worked out great! Pipe cleaners are bendable wire so they wont break... hence it will be safe when packed.

What I like about the Snowman

❤  Snowmen are notorious for representing Christmas but this year I wanted to create a few snowman that could be used for Christmas and then left out for a Winter decoration too. So I decided not to put anything red or green on some of the snowmen. I painted those in black, white, gray and silver colors.

The worst part of the project

❤  The hardest part of the project was doing the wooden nose on the snowman. I didn't enjoy doing the carrot noses at all. LOL~ You have to drill a hole in the body of the snowman, then put wood blue inside the small little hole. (those of you that work with wood glue will know the drama that can occur when you trying to fill a small hole with sticky stringy glue and not touch anything else with glue. ) Ha! Clean-up sucks. 

........................................................................................................

If you want to see more of my crafty posts... 

👀  you can find them in the right hand column of the blog here titled " Craft Time". This is in the "Popular Topics" section.  As I do a craft I will put it here to share with everyone.  Maybe you can get some crafty ideas from me. ~wink

👀  If you would like to see a video of me painting these snowmen I will put the links here:

...........................................................................................................

In Closing.....

❤  I think we need to make life as fun as we can and snowmen have long been a favorite character of mine. So anytime you can incorporate something you love in your work make your work more enjoyable. Happy Crafting everyone... and Happy Holidays too. Love Pam

No comments: