Saturday, September 18, 2021

Tomato Hornworms visited during the rain storm




 This beautiful girl is a hornworm. 

She and her family found their way to my tomato plants during the rain storm and I didn't know they were there. Who would of thought they would munch away during a storm but they did. In fact they ate up what was left of 4 of my tomato plants. :/

They are really beautiful bright green worms with white stripes on their sides. They have this interesting horn on the end of their tail. Their eyes are interesting too. I actually think they are beautiful and it's fun to watch them eat. LOL!

Now I'm not real happy that they ate up my tomatoes but I'm willing to share a little. Did I say a little? LOL ~ I know most people will pick them off the plant and kill them. I can't bring myself to do that so I just pick them off and take them out into the woods and let them go to eat on something else they find in the woods.

Live Everyday like a Holiday

I don't get to upset over my losses. Life is just to short to do that. This worm and her family was just hungry right? Instead I took the time to look at her and see how beautiful she was.

That's all for today. Love, Pam

No comments: