Saturday, September 18, 2021

I filled my belly full of Caramel Walnut Banana Bread

How  many of you love Banana Bread?

I enjoy it but I don't make it that often. I have a friend who is so crazy about banana bread and he cooks it every week. LOL! Well on this day I was craving something caramel and I knew I also had some very ripe bananas that I needed to get rid of. Well we all know that you can't do very much with ripe bananas except make banana bread. Darn! So I knew I would have to pass on making a caramel dessert and make use of the ripe bananas instead.  Then it hit me!!


I'll just make a caramel version of banana bread!!!

Now I didn't use a recipe. Very seldom do I use a recipe for anything. I'm one of those people who cooks by looks. That's the way my Mother did it and that's how she taught me to cook too.

Searching out the Kitchen:

I knew I had 4 ripe bananas to use... and I knew I had a cup of walnuts I could use... and I knew I had brown sugar I could use... and I knew I had fresh real butter I could use... and I knew I had 1/2 a cup of caramel that you put on top of ice cream. And I knew I needed to get rid of the 1/5th cup of oatmeal that I had. Well that sure looks like the making of caramel banana bread to me. ~wink~ A little bit of salt and.... oh no.... there's no milk! That's ok I have lots of sour cream which is a favorite of mine anyway. Ohhhh... do I have any coconut? Where is it!? Darn!! I'm out of coconut. That would of tasted delicious with the caramel.

I just dump in what I've got / comes out perfect every time

 3 large ripe bananas
1/3 cups sour cream... maybe
2 fresh eggs from my brothers chicken coup
close to 3/4 to a cup brown sugar? (you know molasses is in it right)
2 cups white flour... maybe
1/5 cup of oatmeal... maybe (can be flavored instant too)
1/2 cup of ice cream caramel
big pinch of pink salt
pinch cayenne pepper
pinch of cinnamon / not a lot
I dunno... maybe a teaspoon of baking soda
big splash of homemade vanilla flavoring
drizzle in some oil
I then look at the batter and let the batter will tell me how much melted butter to add. Maybe 1/2 a stick to 1 stick of melted butter.

I cooked it low... I dunno.... this one looked like it needed a temp. set to 335. For 45 to 50 minutes. Ta-Dah! The pictures above is the results and it was a success! ~wink~ Love to you all, Pam
.................................................................................................................

P.S. I made this banana bread in a video back in January in honor of National Banana Bread Day. So if you want to watch it, here it is.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBiVsq3Jqrw&t=23s
 

No comments: