Friday, September 10, 2021

Carrot Cake for all holidays


 Hello everyone! Pam here ~

If there's any cake that makes me think of the Fall Season it has to be the carrot cake. I don't know if it's because I pick carrots from the garden in Fall or if it's because of the spices in the cake that makes me think of Fall... but either way... I always want a carrot cake in the Fall Season.

Now when I was growing up, 

my Mother always made carrot cake at Christmas Time. She never missed baking one. I still remember watching her grate up carrots and smelling the spices as she swirled them in the batter. I always looked forward to the carrot cake as much as I looked forward to the Red Velvet cake.

Now that I'm thinking about it... 

she would sometimes bake one for Easter too. Seems any recipe that had carrots in it would be on the dinner table. LOL.  I think it was because as a kid, I insisted that we had plenty of carrots just incase the Easter Bunny stopped by to say hello. LOL... she would always buy lots of carrots and then she would have to find ways to use them up. Hence the reason we ate carrot cake at Easter. And carrot salad.... and copper pennies.... and roasted carrots. ha ha ha !  I love this memory.

Now unlike the video above... 

my Mother would put tons of creamy frosting on all sides of the cake and thick in-between the layers. She would fill it full of nuts too. Now my favorite nut used in carrot cake is walnuts but because we had pecan trees in the yard my Mother used pecans in the cake most of the time. It was an extra treat for me when she added walnuts. Yummy!

In Closing ~

So for me, I think carrot cake is perfect for all seasons and all holidays. ~wink!  Autumn Season, Winter Season or Spring Season.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

For those of you who took the time to read my blog and share your time with me I thank you. Live everyday like a holiday. We never know what tomorrow will bring. Love to you all, Pam

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I made a 60 second video #shorts here: 😄

I titled it "Carrot cake to the rescue"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXghVtw4HZQ


I also posted the video on my youtube channel found here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/HolidaysCelebrations

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

📆 I don't know if you watched all the way to the end of the video but I provided a list of National Cake Holidays in our calendar.  

  • National Cake Month - February
  • National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day - March 29
  • National Hazelnut Cake Day - June 1
  • National Applesauce Cake Day - June 6
  • National German Chocolate Cake Day - June 12
  • National Angel Food Cake Day - October 10
  • National Cake Day - November 26





````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````








No comments: