Saturday, November 03, 2007

National Split Pea Soup Week

Split Pea Soup (Recipe) Originally uploaded by Ruthieki
The 2nd week in November is National Split Pea Soup week! The great split pea soup photo is by Ruthieki from flickr with recipe.


I know many people love this soup but I didn't grow up eating this soup at all. I know your not going to believe this but I ate this soup for the first time when I was about 40 years old. I found a bag of split peas at the grocery store that had a split pea recipe on the back. Well...... I followed the recipe which seemed pretty plain. It was mainly just peas, dried onions and chicken stock. I let it simmer for about 4 hours and it was ready. I thought to myself... hummm, so this is split pea soup?? The greyish green color was a turn off for me and I have to say the taste of my soup was not much better. hahaha! I later found many other split pea recipes that were a lot more colorful and full of other tasty ingredients like carrots, potatoes, onions, celery etc. Now that's more like it!! Read our Article Soups Not Just for Eating
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 comment:

voyance gratuite par email said...

Congratulations for your great site! Congratulations and good continuation!