Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Craft Time . Large wooden painted deer


 Oh My Gosh! These are some big deer!

I painted them with acrylic paint and the first 2 deer I painted were really fun to paint . . . but then it wasn't fun anymore. LOL~ I put way to much detail in the painting for something that goes outside. It was taking me forever to finish the painting of them too. Not to mention the fact that they were LARGE deer. What was I thinking?!

On this one I held back on some of the detail but then decided that I could'nt leave it like that. It just called out to me to "Dooo Moreeee".  I was going to just put a tiny bit of black hair below the antlers but I ended up fluffing it all up nice and pretty on the final brush.

This deer is sitting here drying. 

Yep I needed this coat of paint to dry before I did the next coat. Now normally I like to wet paint, wet paint, wet paint LOL but I needed some dry time so I didn't smear it since the deer was so big. Plus I wanted a shadow / layer effect that I can only get when I paint on top of dry paint.

I did all the deer different

The white, black, gray and light blue deer were gorgous!! They were like white snow deer. I painted them looking very fluffy looking and very winter looking. I thought I took pictures but I couldn't find them to post.

Made with Plywood

These deer were heavy.  The wood used was thick plywood. I put 3 coats of sealer on them too. I will not be painting anymore of them with this much detail for the outside again.

That's my "Craft Time Share Time" for you today

I soooo love deer crafts and I hope I was able to give you some ideas of your own to craft with. I am always searching out the Internet for things to spark my creativity. I love to share and I love what you share with me too.  
Until next time, Love Pam
......................................................................................................

1 comment:

rosy123 said...

Très bon article, comme toujours. Il a le mérite de susciter le commentaire
vraie voyance gratuite par mail