Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Craft Time / DIY recipe / Have you ever made your own bath bombs?


My Experience with Making Bath Bombs~

I have forever loved bath bombs and I have always enjoyed making my own when I had the time. In years past I made them because it was fun, and because I loved relaxing in a bath. Not to mention I was always obsessed with having soft skin so I never missed out on something that would make my skin soft. But now-ah-days I have found that I need them more than ever because I'm older and my muscles and my all-around body just aches. So more than ever I've been drawn to making my own bath bombs once again to help sooth my body and relax myself from a hard day. If you're into easy self-care I think you will enjoy this post.

Definition of a Bath Bomb

A bath bomb, one form of bath fizzy, is a bolus which, when placed in bath water, dissolves partly or completely and effervesces, also in some cases adding scent, color, and/or other properties or materials to the water.

Today I wanted to share one of my bath bomb recipes 

for those who would like to also make your own. It's an easy DIY and takes no time at all to do. Now since I have an herb garden, I am drawn to adding herbs in my bombs because I like the healing aspects of herbs, but it is not necessary to do if you don't want to. All bath bomb recipes can be adjusted. Also, I don't put color changing chemicals in my bombs. If the water turns pink, yellow or blue it's because of an herb or flower blossoms that I added to the recipe. Also... I am an essential oil lover, so I have it in the house at all times. I add a few drops of the real thing but it's not necessary either. Now I am talking about real essential oil and not fragrance oils. Fragrance oils are manufactured synthetically, and I don't want that. Read my recipe below 🠟 and then I'll give you some more tips.

Here's an easy recipe for you~

  • 1 cup Baking Soda
  • 1/2 cup Cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup Citric Acid
  • 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
  • 1 to 6 Tablespoon (something dried) herbs, petals, blossoms, orange peel etc. You adjust this to you. 
  • 10 drops Essential Oil (optional) one safe to use on the skin
  • 2 to 3 Tablespoons / your choice of these melted or carrier oils / coconut oil, almond oil, shea butter, cocoa butter / avocado oil / grapeseed oil / Jojoba oil / castor oil / palm oil / macadamia nut oil / sweet almond oil / apricot kernel oil / this is what's going to hold your bombs together.
  • 1 Tablespoon water
  • Your choice of a mold to form it.

Sooo easy! 
  1. Combine first 4 ingredients / baking soda, cornstarch, citric acid, epsom salt. Whisk together
  2. Combine the melted oil / essential oil and water in a SEPERATE bowl.
  3. Now combine the liquid "SLOWLY" to the dry ingredients as you WHISK.
  4. Let me say that again "SLOWLY" you don't want fizzing to happen.
  5. Once completely incorporated... mash time to form your bombs.
  6. It's going to look like wet sand and will mash together like wet sand. :)
  7. Press hard into your molds. (DIY - you can use plastic ice trays) 
  8. Let dry for 24 Hours! Then keep in an airtight container. You can keep for around... ummm.... 6 months. You will use them up way before that. LOL~
  9. When they are all dry... you can individually wrap them in plastic wrap or just shrink wrap them with the blow dryer if you're giving it as a gift. Thats It!!!!
  10. Use 1 per bath. Just drop in and fizzz away a bad day. 😁

Now let's talk about different essential oils~

  • Cedarwood has been used to help acne and skin issues
  • Chamomile / anti-inflammatory / skin health / rashes
  • Eucalyptus / decongestant / boost immune system
  • Frankincense / holy oil / skincare / arthritis pain
  • Lavender / stress / anxiety / fungal infection / wound healing
  • Lemongrass / arthritis pain / antibacterial /
  • Rose / anxiety / uplifting / sensual /
  • Tea Tree / anti-inflammatory / 
  • Sweet Orange / calming / frayed nerves /
  • Peppermint / Respiratory /
  • Marjoram / pain relief / 
  • And many more......

Now let's talk about Dried and Crushed Herbs, leaves, petals, & blossoms.

  • Chamomile dried / soothes sore muscles, promotes sleep, reduces muscle spasms / insect bites / relieves pain /
  • Dandelion flowers / winter blues / skin / 
  • Grated dried ginger / blood flow /
  • Lemon Balm leaves / uplifting
  • Dried Thyme / respiratory /
  • Helichrysum dried petals / pain relief
  • Honeysuckle dried flower petals / sensual
  • Hops / insomnia /
  • Jasmine dried flower petals / sensual / mood / refreshes skin / 
  • Lavendar dried flower buds / pain relief / insomnia /
  • Lime grated peel / calming
  • Rose dried petals / sensual / refresh skin / relax body /
  • Rosemary dried herb / pain relief
  • Orange blossoms / lowers blood pressure /
  • Parsley dried / heals bruises
  • Peppermint dried herb / respiratory / congestion / coughing 
  • Sage dried herb / prevents stiff sore muscles
  • Stinging Nettle / promotes circulation and heals aching joints
  • Valerian / calming /
  • White Willow Bark dried herb / pain relief
  • Arnica dried herb / pain relief
  • any many more....

My Closing Thoughts~

Take the time to nurture yourself. Don't forget about you. Anytime you can work on healing yourself naturally it's worth it. I know that's easier said than done because time itself is the hardest thing to come up with. But it is time we rethink how we experience life. Let's all work on ourselves and stay healthy... soul, mind & body.

Just a reminder that if you use crushed herbs in your bombs they will float around in the bath after the bomb melts out and or fizzes out. Some people love the herb and flowers floating around and some people hate it. Don't be afraid to let them go down the drain when your bath is finished. If your using crushed, you don't have to worry about it clogging the drain. Plus, it will deodorize your drain at the same time and people don't think about that. Wink~

Don't forget hot baths lower your blood pressure so watch your heat and how long you're in a soak. What you're soaking in is good for you. The healing vapors your smelling is good for you. But a bath way to hot could not be good for you especially if you already have low blood pressure. Something to think about.

I hope you enjoyed the post / "Live everyday like a Holiday" Pam
.............................................................★☆★............................................................

🛒 Citric Acid / https://amzn.to/3bKZHYp
► 🛒 ❤ Epsom Salt / https://amzn.to/3bF9sY3
► 🛒 ❤ Bath Bomb Molds / https://amzn.to/3P1pnPv
► 🛒 Silicone Molds / https://amzn.to/3nDZSHB
► 🛒 Bath Bomb Making Kits / https://amzn.to/3upSLqm
► 🛒 Bath Bomb Making Supplies / https://amzn.to/3Ie04ae
► 🛒 Essential Oils safe for the skin / https://amzn.to/3yJoVzs
.......................................................★☆★......................................................

No comments: