Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Herb Seasoning for French Fries / Try Italian Flavor Fries


📅 Our Holiday Calendar says National French Fry Day is celebrated on July 13th so I thought it would be fitting to give you guys a few herby ways to add extra flavor to your French fries.

My readers all know that I love herbs and I'm always looking for ways to use my herbs in the garden. Adding herbs to a salt mix is a perfect way to add an added level of flavor to your potatoes or French Fries.

Now I like to use fresh herbs because I have them but I have used dried herbs from a jar when it's winter time and I don't have the fresh herbs that I want. Just know it will all work. The flavor might not be as strong as it would be if it was freshly cut only because you don't know how long the dried herb has been in the jar but it usually turns out a great flavor no matter.

Italian Flavor Fries

Today I just wanted to encourage my readers to herb up those fries! Suprise your family for National French Fry Day with some neat flavors. Just yesterday I made an Italian flavor of fries. I have tons of Italian oregano and I had parmesan cheese so I mixed up a bowl of salt, oregano and parmesan and dusted it on the fries just as soon as I pulled it out of the hot oil. When it's hot it will stick to the fries with no problem. You can add a nice tomato sauce on the side to dip it in too. Yum!!!

Friends you can do this for many different herb combinations. Use your imagination and see what you come up with. What herbs do you already have in your kitchen cabinet? I bet you have onions or dried chives.... I bet you have pepper.... I bet you have lemon. Do you? Try "Lemon Pepper Fries." If you have lemon thyme growing in your garden, you can use the fresh green herb for a lemony flavor too. 

Don't forget about that garlic option either. Lemon garlic is a good combination for fries and fresh chopped parsley and garlic is another great flavor match. Don't forget to always add it to your salt.

Do you know what Chimichurri Fries are?

That's fries with several herbs added. From my memory its cilantro, marjoram or oregano, parsley, garlic... let me think.... I'm missing something. Ooooooo yes! it's paprika! How could I forget paprika! Paprika is great on French Fries. Does it have chili pepper flakes? I think there's one version that has chili pepper flakes and olive oil in it. Now I do want to point out that Chimichurri Fries have a splash of vinegar. I think most recipes call for red wine vinegar. Don't forget the salt. I love these and they are so pretty on the plate too.

Who loves OKRA?

I know this is one you've never done before but it's a favorite way for me to eat French Fries. When I'm frying my fries, I love to add chopped up okra in the oil right at the last to crisp up and serve scattered all over the fries. Crispy okra chopped up really small is a fantastic flavoring in my book. Okra, fries and salt go great together. 

When it's okra season and I have so much okra that I don't know what to do I usually chop it up and dry it in the dehydrator and add it in a jar as a winter spice. This way I can shake it on fries like okra flakes... just like you would use celery flakes in cooking. Try shaking over cooked beans on your plate too. I've never heard of anyone doing okra flakes like this before but me. Crazy I know but it works for me, and I assure you there are many great ways to use it. Wink~

Oh and.... try adding crumbled up bacon on top or even crumbled up ham on top and serve as a full meal. Full Meal Fries is a great way to make an easy supper for the family especially on French Fry Friday.

French Fry Friday

Remember this herb idea for French Fry Fridays too guys. Every Friday is French Fry Friday. It use to be a big thing on social media for everyone to take a picture of their fries on Friday and share it on social media. The work week was over and everyone was racing out to experience some fun and the fast food pick always seemed to be French Fries. That's how the French Fry Friday craze came to be. It's still popular now but the fame of it moves in and out depending on the month. lol~

My Closing Thoughts~

I just wanted to share my herb ideas with you so you can dress up your fries and make them special for that special day, and for those special people in your life. 

"Live everyday like a Holiday" Pam

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

No comments: