Saturday, July 16, 2022

Have you ever cooked Smothered Cilantro Corn for your family?


Today I wanted to talk about Cilantro Corn. I'm wondering how many of you have ever ate cilantro corn or any other smothered version of corn on the cob before.

The first time I ever ate smothered corn on the cob was at a barbecue restaurant where I ordered a BBQ pork plate grilled in barbecue sauce and smothered corn on the cob was my vegetable on the plate. Wow!!! Talk about a great flavor match but that was a great flavor match and I've been hooked ever-since.


If you've never ate it before... let me tell you about it. 

Cilantro is the fresh green herb that you see sprinkled over the corn. Usually, cilantro corn is also known as cilantro lime butter. It's corn smothered in butter and cilantro with zest of lime and lime juice is squeezed over the corn too. That's why it's served with a wedge of lime just like you see in the photo. Sometimes it's dusted with paprika or even chili powder too. Now when I ate it at the Barbecue restaurant it also had fresh parmesan cheese dusted over the top and I've also ate it with other crumbled cheeses on top too. (cotija cheese, feta cheese, blue cheese) There's a Mexican version that has mayonnaise and chili powder on it with cotija cheese that tastes great and I've even ate it with a ranch style cream drizzled over the top too.

I wanted to share this with everyone today because it's a beautiful way to enjoy corn on the cob. If there's no meat on the table and all you have is corn... then you can dress that corn up just like you dress up a salad and I promise you, you will love the flavor and not even miss the meat. And talk about a pretty plate. Just beautiful!

When it's Corn Season

If you grow corn in your garden and you need a new way to eat it, then remember this idea. It is so pretty on the plate and those of you who are lucky enough to eat fresh out of the garden corn on the cob it would be a real treat to eat it this way. Everybody knows that fresh corn makes all recipes tastes 10 times better for sure.

Now you can either boil the corn, grill the corn or fry the corn on the cob in a buttered skillet. Personally I like the fried version better but try all 3 ways and see which one you and your family like the best.

My Closing Thoughts!

📅 July is National Corn Month so I'm always looking for ways to make life better and share what I find with you. Many times, my posts land on the subject of food mainly because it's part of our daily life and a main subject when it comes to planning for a holiday or celebration. Life is hard so it's my hope that I'm able to share things in a small way that would help us all "Live everyday like a Holiday" Pam

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

No comments: