Monday, July 04, 2022

I was just to tired to make a Homemade Cherry Pound Cake but I did


Who makes bunt cakes or pound cakes?

Ok friends... I don't have a recipe for this one, but I made some kind of a homemade cherry cake and it turned out fantastic. Now this was the closest picture I could come up with that matched what it looked like because it shows the type of cherries that I had.

Now don't be disappointed that I can't give you a recipe because I was just tossing in this and that not expecting it to taste good, but it tasted fantastic! So I thought I would at least give you a few of the ingredients I used in hopes that you can come up with a real recipe. lol~

I was blessed with a basket of firm, fresh sweet cherries. 

Now I'm talking about real cherries and not canned cherries. So big and delicious! I froze half of them because well... I love to pop a frozen cherry in my mouth as a treat so that's what I did. Now I had to figure out what to do with the rest of the cherries so I took about a cup of them out. These cherries were huge cherries. I chopped a few and I left a few whole. Mainly because I was so tired when I was chopping that I said the heck with this and tossed half of then in whole.

I then mixed together a batter that I guess was a pound cake batter. I don't really know... it was a cross between a bunt cake, regular cake and pound cake recipe. Ha! To be honest I was making this cake the lazy way. I was to tired to even be making it but I wanted the sweet cherry cake so bad that I went through the process anyway. Not really remembering what I was doing because I was just to tired to be making a homemade cherry pound cake but I did.

I ruggedly mixed it up and pored it in a bunt pan and I choose a pound cake style because I didn't want to dirty up so many cake pans. Not only was the fresh cherries the ingredient that made it taste so good but it was the Cherry 7 up that I was drinking at the time I was mixing the batter up. You guessed it. I was taking a sip and I was at the point of adding my liquid to the batter and I lazily said... grrrr I don't want to dirty a measuring cup so I just pored my cherry 7 up in. I was going to be the only one eating it so I just went for it. I was to tired to do anything else. LOL

I lazily tossed in a tiny few of white chocolate chips that was hanging out in my frig leftover from some cookies I had made. And I lazily tossed in a mix of pecans, macadamia and walnuts that were hanging out in my frig too. I don't have a clue how many. I was just grabbing and tossing in stuff. I also lazily tossed in a tiny amount of coconut where I had made coconut coffee for breakfast one morning. I had about 1 tablespoon of cherry brandy left in a bottle so I pored that in.  And I accidentally dumped more oil in the batter than I wanted. Oops!

Guys... I don't really know what all I put in there nor do I know exactly how much but I do know it turned out so fantastic! I cook by sight so I knew the batter looked right even thought I didn't measure anything. I'm going to have to try and recreate it again to get the measurements of what I used. 

I have to tell you. Once it was cooked I didn't even have the strength to cut it. I hurriedly made the powdered sugar icing and pored it on top. I wanted to eat cherry cake so bad but when it came down to it. I gave up and went to bed. I had no more strength left in me. I didn't even taste it until the next day. 

When I did!!! WOW!!! I thought "What did I put in this?!!! I can't remember?? It was so moist. I think it was the fresh cherries and the cherry 7-up drink that made it special... or was it the coconut and white chocolate? Bakers you tell me?

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

"Live everyday like a holiday" Love Pam

No comments: