Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Who remembers the old Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake?


Oh my gosh! I just found an old label off a mayonnaise jar that has the recipe for the old timey Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. I can't believe it.

From what I just read the recipe was printed on Hellman's Mayonnaise jars starting around 1937. It seems the recipe was created so you didn't have to use butter and milk since those ingredients were hard to come by during WW11. The mayonnaise was used as a replacement for those. I remember my mother baking this cake and it was super moist. This find has put a memory in my heart and a smile on my face.

My Closing Thoughts~

  • 📅 Mark your calendars ahead: Our Holiday Calendar says we have a National Chocolate Cake Day that is celebrated every January 27th. / German Chocolate Cake Day is June 11th / National Cake Day is November 26.
  • This was so fun I just had to share / Love to you all / "Live everyday like a Holiday."

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

resource: wave.video

No comments: