Friday, July 15, 2022

Happy Orange Chicken Day / July 15


📅 Our Calendar says July 15th is National Orange Chicken Day and that's one meal I'm not going to miss. Orange Chicken is just that.... its chicken baked in orange juice or with orange slices for flavoring. I like it with rosemary baked with the orange flavor too. I know that's not the common orange chicken recipe, but it is what I do sometimes when I'm baking large pieces of chicken. Ha ha ha!

If I'm craving orange chicken for lunch time, then I go with a lighter meal and mix a nice Seasar salad alongside of it. If it's supper time, then I have to have the whole shebang! Yep, I will go with potatoes and bread and butter.

Now let's talk about Chinese Orange Chicken

This orange chicken dish is very small cuts of chicken cooked with orange juice, ginger, soy sauce, chili flakes, garlic, brown sugar and sesame oil.... I'm not sure what else off the top of my head but it's really great tasting. I've made it with honey and I've made it with orange marmalade as the sweet part too. Now I've baked mine in the sauce and I've also stir fried the chicken first then added the sauce on top at the end. I don't think there's a wrong way to do it. It all taste great.

Happy Orange Chicken Day everyone! "Live everyday like a Holiday" Pam

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

No comments: