Friday, July 15, 2022

Poached Egg on Spinach for Breakfast


Good Morning everyone! Our Holiday Calendar tells us July 16th is National Spinach Day so I thought this would be a good morning post to wish everyone a Happy Spinach Day.

How many of you start your day off with a nice breakfast? How many of you like spinach? Well I've come to enjoy spinach and eggs for breakfast if I have some good bread to eat along with it. I love some really fresh toast that I can crunch on with each spinach and egg bite.

The photo above is a picture of a poached egg on spinach with crumbled blue cheese on top with hot peppers. I think this combination is yummy. In fact any crumbled cheese with spinach tastes great in my eyes.

Another favorite of mine is creamed spinach with salmon. This is a beautiful dish in taste and in looks. Maybe I will do a post on that in the future.

Today I just wanted to post a Happy Spinach Day to everyone and encourage everyone to add more spinach to your diet. It really is a super food. 

In fact the Wikiwel website tell us "Spinach protects against eye disease and vision loss; it’s good for brain function; it guards against colon, prostate, and breast cancers; it protects against heart disease, stroke, and dementia; it lowers blood pressure; it’s anti-inflammatory; and it’s great for bone health. Spinach has an amazing array of nutrients, including high amounts of vitamin K, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, magnesium, and iron."

Great information to know right! "Live everyday like a Holiday" Pam

No comments: