Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Munch for Lunch Tuna Broccoli Pasta Salad


  1. Pasta salad is a dish prepared with one or more types of pasta, usually chilled, and most often tossed in a vinegar, oil or mayonnaise-based dressing. It is typically served as an appetizer or a main course.
Pasta

There are some days when a hot meal is way to much, especially when you've been gardening in the hot morning sun. That's when you go for a nice cooling lunch of fresh giant size grapes and a chilled pasta salad.

My Munch for Lunch today: Tuna Broccoli Pasta Salad

It rained like crazy this week and I've never been so glad to see the sun in all my life. ha ha- Don't get me wrong. I enjoy a few rain days where I can read and wrap up in a warm blanket but I can only stand to be stuck in the house for a couple of days. Last night the weather man said the sun was returning today so I knew exactly what I was going to be doing. Yep, that rain makes the weeds around the house grow like crazy so.... pulling weeds was my job for the day.

Since I knew I would be doing yard work, I cooked and mixed up my tuna broccoli noodle salad last night so it could chill over-night. I think the flavors always taste better if you let it mingle for several hours. I also knew I wanted something I could just spoon out of a bowl and be done with it. giggle~ So pasta salad was the easy choice.

I'm not fussy about my pasta salads.  I use what ever I've got in the frig that would make a filling meal. Today I had broccoli and tuna so that was the theme of my salad for today. 

Ingredients I used today:
  • 1 cup of noodles
  • 1 cup of broccoli
  • 1/4 cup of diced onion
  • Add noodles, broccoli & onions to pot. Boil according to noodle bag instructions. Drain
  • Add in 1 can of drained tuna - salt and pepper to taste.
I'm a 1/4 cup kinda-girl when it comes to my noodle salads
  • 1/4 cup of cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/4 cup of sour cream
  • 1/4 cup of grated cheese (what ever you have)
  • 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
Add all to the bowl and mix. If you want to eat it while it's hot then now's the time to go for it. If you want to have it for a cold salad then put it in the frig to chill over night. wink~ by: Pam Svoboda
..................................................................................................................................

When to eat this?
  • When you need a easy food to pack for a picnic
  • When you need a easy meal for your lunch box
  • When you need a cold meal after a hot day in the sun.
  • When you need to celebrate National Picnic Day!
  • When you need to have a meal just for 1
.....................................................................................................................................

Holidays To Remember:
National Noodle Month - celebrated in March
National Picnic Month - celebrated in July
National Picnic Day - April 23


11 comments:

voyance par mail gratuite said...

Nice job on presenting the information, this was very helpful.

voyance gratuite par email said...

Nice Stuff..! I also wish him good luck to defend his gold medal. I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

telephone gay said...

Votre blog est vraiment super, je viens dessus tout les jours et je trouve à chaque fois quelque chose qui me convient

voyance en ligne gratuite said...

Un blog de haute qualité.C'est le type de blog qui me plaît et dont lesquels je partage mon point de vue modeste.

lin said...

Super ! Ton blog est vraiment génial !
Merci d’exister !!!
voyance gratuite

voyance gratuite en ligne said...

This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again

voyance mail gratuite said...

This post is really fantastic! Thanks for all the effort that you do to make this blog succeed.

voyance mail gratuite said...

site bien fait !!! Merci pour ce magnifique partage !!! bonne continuation

voyance gratuite par mail rapide said...

Vous ne pouvez pas savoir comme cela fait plaisir de tomber sur un joli et intéressant blog. Cela fait du bien au moral.

consultation voyance gratuite said...

Merci pour ce magnifique partage !!! bonne continuation

voyance sérieuse gratuite par mail said...

It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog.
voyance sérieuse gratuite par mail