Monday, April 28, 2014

Super Sunday Supper of Salmon and Zucchini

When I was a kid, you could always count on Mother serving a Super Sunday Supper. It was always the best meal of the whole week. The table was full of many dishes to choose from. Today, I take on that family tradition & make Super Sunday Suppers as well. But since I don't have so many mouths to feed; I don't make as many dishes. But... it's still a Super Sunday Supper to remember.
My Super Sunday Supper is: 
Baked Salmon and Butter fried Zucchini

Darn my photo turned out a little blurry but I already ate the meal so I couldn't take another one. Oh well - Tonight I went with huge salmon fillets with the skin on. Now I don't eat the skin like many people do but I do cook it, skin side down and then I peal off the skin before I eat it. grin~

I preheated the over to 375. Placed the fillets in olive oil and butter baking dish. Then salt, pepper, paprika and lemon was added to the top. I baked it for 20 minutes. I baked my bread in the over right along side it too.

My favorite thing to eat with baked salmon is a baked potato and buttered bread but since I was holding back on the carbohydrates on this meal I went with a veggie instead. I choose to go with zucchini. Now I'm one of those people who loves to eat zucchini. Tonight I lightly fried them in butter but I like them baked as well but I didn't have room in the over since I was baking salmon and my bread together.

Look how pretty the zucchini looks on the plate. Can you see the ridges on the sides? I have this really cool veggie cutter that makes all the veggies look really pretty. Here's a photo of mine: I got this one from Wal-Mart but Amazon sales 2 different styles. I will post the link of both of them.


Vegetable Crinkle Cutter and French Fry Slicer
New 7-Inch Wide Commercial Crinkle Cutter, Garnish Cutter, Potato Vegetable Cutter Cutting Tool, Stainless Steel




Holidays To Remember:
Is there a National Salmon Day? "An Oregon newspaper from March 1, 1916 declared March 10 to be "National Salmon Day," but that's the only reference to it I see!"

...............................................................................................................
Laugh when you can...✿ Apologize when you should...✿ And let go of what you can't change...✿ Love deeply &  forgive quickly...✿ Give your everything ...✿  Love what you have... and  "Live Everyday like a Holiday"

5 comments:

Lysa Light said...

Pleasantly surprised by the discovery of your site so pretty and so original, everything is well designed and very nice with plenty of choice, it is a wonder! your creations are beautiful and what about your letter papers, superb! Congratulations. Sincerely.

voyance gratuite par mail ; voyance par mail gratuite

raju jha said...


With Smartgroschen app you can enjoy High quality calls , Smartgroschen is easy & intuitive Perfect application for daily use. Good voice quality during calls
and free chatting with friends.

kacper@tastyquery.com/ said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!

Bigg Boss 8 said...

You have elaborate great tutorial on recipes. Great job admin!!
Bigg Boss 8 live

Bigbossupdates.com said...

Hey everyone I am also a blogger who is working on a blog whose domain name is bigbossupdates.com so come and check my work here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...