Let's Talk About It :)
I really like peanut butter cookies but I can't ever remember making them with a cream center. Now I have made oatmeal cookies with a creme marshmallow center so I don't know how I've gone without making a creme center peanut butter cookie LOL! Especially since I love creme fillings so much. The filling for this recipe is just peanut butter, vanilla frosting and milk. Gosh that is so simple.
Memory Lane Oatmeal Peanut Butter Creme Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 4 teaspoons milk
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, water and egg until soft dough forms.
2. Roll dough into 40 (1 1/4-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press each ball with fingers to slightly flatten.
3. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. In small bowl, stir peanut butter, frosting and milk until well blended.
5. For each sandwich cookie, spread about 1 tablespoon filling on bottom of 1 cookie. Top with another cookie, bottom side down. Press together lightly, twisting slightly.
Store tightly covered at room temperature.