Now the reason I brought that up is because... this pillsbury dessert reminds me of it. I can't think of anything better for Valentine's Day either. This recipe is going to be my pick for this years romantic meal for me and the hubby. Oh... I love the idea of a touch of cream cheese & white chocolate in it. 2 things that a pavlova doesn't have. Ohhhh yeahhh! Now that looks like Valentines :)
Valentine's Day Meringue Dessert Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 oz white chocolate baking bar, melted
- 1 can (21 oz) raspberry pie filling
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh strawberries, halved
- Fresh mint sprigs, if desired
1. Heat oven to 275°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. On high speed, beat in 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar at a time until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is almost dissolved, about 6 minutes. Spread meringue to form 10x10-inch heart shape on cookie sheet, building up edges with back of spoon.
2. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until firm and dry to the touch. Turn oven off; let meringue shell stand in closed oven 1 hour. Slide meringue shell and parchment paper from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in melted baking bar until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in whipped cream.
4. Carefully remove meringue shell from parchment paper; place shell on serving plate. Spread cream mixture evenly in shell. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
5. In medium bowl, gently mix pie filling and strawberries. Spoon 1 1/2 cups fruit mixture over top of dessert. Garnish with mint sprigs. Serve remaining fruit mixture to be spooned over individual servings.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
Heat oven to 250°F. For meringue, use 3 egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar and 3/4 cup sugar. Bake 60 to 65 minutes. Thank you www.pillsbury.com