Let's talk about it:
I'm a fan of Margaritas and cant pass up a drink when I go to my favorite Mexican restaurant. They have 2 for 1 specials all the time. giggle~ I do keep the mix at home for sunny days at the beach so when I ran across this recipe I knew I would have everything I needed to make it. All I need now is a warmer day, a clean grill and I'm good to go. Lol.
Really tho, I am looking forward to trying this recipe in spring. I know I can make it inside for me and the hubby but if it's as good as I think it will be then I'll add it to my"Wanna-serve" list when I host my first garden party in Spring. Since I love Margaritas I'll love grilled shrimp with a Margarita flavor. Thank you Pillsbury.
Grilled Margarita Shrimp for Two Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup margarita mix (from 33.8-oz. bottle)
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 12 shelled deveined uncooked large shrimp with tails left on
1. Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. In 1-quart resealable food storage plastic bag, combine cilantro, garlic, margarita mix and tequila. Add shrimp; seal bag and shake to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill.
3. When ready to grill, thread shrimp on skewers; discard marinade. Place shrimp on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches over medium coals. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning several times.