Monday, August 03, 2009

Monte Cristo Sandwich: Breakfast Style

August is National Sandwich Month and I have to tell you that the "Monte Cristo Sandwich" is my favorite sandwich in the whole world! Yep that says a lot for me! Most of you know what at Monte Cristo sandwich is but those of you who don't; here's the definition for you- "A Monte Cristo is a sandwich of ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese between batter-dipped grilled or fried bread. The sandwich can differ regionally. Traditionally it is dipped in its entirety in batter and deep fried." This sandwich is popular on lunch menus and not usually found for breakfast but I just had to show you a breakfast style monte cristo; from The Cheesecake Factory-that was posted by yummyinthetummyblog (Dusted with powdered sugar and served with strawberry preserves and potatoes. Breakfast style: crunchy french toast, bacon, grilled ham, scrambled eggs and melted swiss cheese) If that doesn't sound like the most wonderful breakfast sandwich, I don't know what does! All you have to do is change up the filling slightly and you have a Monte Cristo breakfast sandwiche that goes great with a hot cup of coffee- You get that sweet taste, that savory taste and that yummy breakfast taste all rolled up in one! Yep this sandwich is my pick for National Sandwich Month-

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the breakfast monte with syrup and butter mixed for the dipping sauce. Sandy

Gone-ta-pott said...

I know what you mean Sandy. I love sweet butter mixed with dark molasses to dip it in. That's a southern thing. You wouldn't happen to be from the south would you?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know people from the south ate monte cristo? After thinking this over they do eat anything.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of a breakfast monte but I'm going to try it. Big breakfast eater here and it does look good. Thank you for the link. BigFoot

Anonymous said...

This sandwich looks hard to make. I guess it would be best saved for the weekend when you have a lot of time to put into it. It is mouthwatering so I have to try it. Thank you Pam- Paula in Panama

Anonymous said...

What do you spread the bread with on a Monte Cristo? It doesn't say

Gone-ta-pott said...

What do you spread on the bread you ask?? Usually it's dijon mustard on one side and your favorite flavor of jam (like seedless raspberry, seedless blackberry, grape)on the other.

~~louise~~ said...

Happy Sandwich Month! Oh how I adore the Monte Cristo Sandwich for breakfast slathered with butter and oodles of maple syrup. Now, I'm going to have to find a place in PA to get one. Wish me luck!!!

P.S. Happy Champagne Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell that sounds good
Mark, New York

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a woman who would cook that for me. This-man-cant-cook

Anonymous said...

We tried this breakfast sandwich for cooking class and it was so good! My kids loved it. Jane, family of 5

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.