Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Cuban turkey sandwich?

cuban turkey? Originally uploaded by Scuzzi
Sandwich Photo Pick in honor of National Sandwich Month. "A traditional Cuban sandwich is made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and sometimes salami on Cuban bread." This photo shows a sandwich filled with pork, ham and turkey. Not traditional but it looks delishhhious just the same. The sandwich has grill press marks too. I don't have a pinini (how do you spell that) press in my kitchen yet. I want one really bad though- hopefully I will have one by winter because we eat a lot of hot sandwiches in the winter time. The waffle fries look great don't they! I have a waffle fry cutter myself and I just love making them really crispy. The picture shows just a bite of coleslaw in a cup- I need more than that hahaha! This slaw looks creamy and I love it creamy! The pickle; I'm going to guess is a dill pickle-

4 comments:

Gone-ta-pott said...

Panini ;)

Anonymous said...

forget about the sandwich and give me the waffle fries!

Anonymous said...

Fries are too oiley
I will take just the sandwich
Alvin, Canada

Andrew said...

It all looks so good. Cuban sandwiches are delicious, but all of that oil and fat make it hard to eat sometimes.