Sunday, October 04, 2020

Peaceful Sunday / Comfort in a flower even if it's just a weed.




I always look forward to Sundays

It doesn't matter if I have to work or not... the day always seems magical to me. I think it's because of my fond memories from way back when I was a kid.


So Many Smells

I remember when I was a kid how special Sunday was. We always put on our best clothes and went to Sunday School then preaching. I remember my Mother and Daddy always smelled so good for church and the house was just covered in beautiful smells too. LOL!


Comfort in peaceful memories

It's funny how smells stick with you a lifetime. I remember my Mother cooked the best meal of the week on Sundays. I remember my Mother would always light her vanilla candles she had throughout the house and I don't know which smell I enjoyed the most....

  • The roast, carrots & potatoes with gravy cooking in the oven, (for me)
  • the made from scratch chocolate cake she was icing on the table (for Daddy), 
  • the hot coffee in the coffee pot, (for all kin folks) 
  • the wild flower bouquet that Daddy would bring her, 
  • the oak & pine wood burning in the fireplace, 
  • or the vanilla candles that she always had burning. (for her)
There is so much comfort in the peaceful memories of all the Sunday smells. 

My Peaceful Sunday

Today I realized that I've worked every Sunday for a few months now. As I was drinking my morning coffee I noticed how tired I was... even though I had a good nights sleep. My mind started thinking about how life was at home as a kid. I looked down and noticed I was drinking out of one of Mothers matching cup and saucers. I thought to myself... I would love to feel some of those old days again. 

So......., I made the decision to not do a thing today and enjoy Sunday as close to the way I remembered it as a kid. Now that's going to be pretty easy to do because I live in the house I was raised in. LOL! My loving Mother & Daddy are already with God but I hold their memories close to my heart. Especially today~

I pulled out my Mother's dishes that she always used when she set the table. She always set the most beautiful tables.  I pored my coffee in one of her matching cup and saucers. I just love dishes just like she did. LOL! I lit 3 vanilla candles throughout the house; one of which is in the center of the kitchen table which has been there for about 30 years. Yep! A beautiful round cut glass candle holder that looks like a crystal ball. LOL!  I then went outside and gathered a small bundle of firewood and made a small fire in the fireplace. Then I went back outside and looked for any wild flowers that were blooming. I cut me some Golden Rod look-alike's to make a flower arrangement with. I even had a roast in the freezer that's cooking right now as we speak. Yep! The only thing missing.... is them.

Then I though... 
I think I will video a peaceful Sunday morning for my Internet friends.  :)
Lot's Of Love to everyone! "Live Everyday like a Holiday"
Pam

No comments: