Friday, November 09, 2018

Goulash from USA and National Goulash Day does exist

Goulash Lover's Listen to this!

I made myself a pot of American Goulash today which made me wonder if there was a National Goulash Day out there. So I jumped on the Internet and sure enough there is! So mark your calendars for August 28th everyone. 

Seems this food holiday first made an appearance in 2010 in Hungary and then became National Goulash Day all over the world. You wont get any complaints about that from me. lol! I'm a goulash lover from way back.
.................................................................

The photo is a pic of American Goulash which is the way I made it today.
...................................................................................................

About American Goulash
American goulash has been mentioned in cookbooks since at least 1914 and include a number of variations. American goulash now usually include elbow macaroni, cubed steak, ground beef or "hamburger", and tomatoes in some form, whether canned whole, as tomato sauce, tomato soup, dice tomatoes or tomato paste. In some areas it is called "slumgullion".

Well there ya go guys! 
That was some fun goulash information for you. I'm going to do a quick youtube video about it and I think I will do a post for a recipe for American Goulash as well so keep-ah-look-out if your interested.
.........................................................................................................................

No comments: