- Chili con carne (literally "Chili with meat", often known simply as chili) is a spicy stew made from chili peppers, meat, garlic, onions, and cumin.
- Traditional chili is made with chopped or ground beef.
- Variations, either geographic or by personal preference, may substitute different types of meat and may also include tomatoes, beans, or other ingredients.
- The name "chili con carne" is a variation of the Spanish chile con carne, which means "peppers with meat."
- Chili con carne is the official dish of the U.S. state of Texas.
- It can be found worldwide in local variations and also in certain American-style fast food restaurants." wikipedia
Monday, July 06, 2009
Photo Pick of the week: Chili Dog!
Hey guys its National Hot Dog month (July) and while I was doing research about chili dogs I ran across this adorable photo on flickr and just had to post it :) Photo: Chili Dog, originally uploaded by: Doich Food Facts: