This post is in honor of National Breakfast Month.
A food holiday celebrated the month of September.
The recipe was just the easy version. No bells or whistles; just plain old fashion french toast fried in a cast iron skillet and covered with lots-ah-golden eagle syrup. ....With my trusty kitty cat cup in hand (my favorite coffee cup) and full of coffee, It was a match made in heaven. I devoured it all while watching the cooking channel.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 slices of white bread
- Beat together egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla & salt.
- Heat a lightly oiled & buttered skillet over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in egg mixture for about... 15 seconds on each side, until coated.
- Cook bread until both sides are lightly brown and crisp.
- You gotta serve it hot!
Now you would think that french toast was a simple little recipe but you would not believe the many different french toast recipes that's out there. Wow was I surprised when I went to Allrecipe.com and found a long list of over 118 french toast recipes. Yep I said it! It was over 118 of them. If your a french toast lover then you have to check this list out. My personal favorite is fench toast stuffed with sweetened cream cheese and peaches.