Thursday, June 02, 2022

Menu: Steak, sugar snap peas, baked potato & green salad

Well guys I'm celebrating one of my favorite meals. 

I don't know whether to call this my "Munch for Lunch" meal or a "Super Sunday Supper." Lol! The fact is I cooked enough for both! Now having said that... I think I will list it in both categories on the right-hand side of the blog; (in the side bar) in case you ever need to find it again.

What's on the menu for today?

Today we have a beautiful fried steak in butter and bacon grease.... we have fresh sugar snap peas from my patio garden... we have a baked potato smothered in lots of melted butter and sour cream. And last but not least... a fresh green salad with lots of dressing on the side.

The Green Salad:

You can't see the salad very much in the picture, but the lettuce was fresh and crisp. I went with blue cheese dressing and a homemade Italian dressing. What can I say, I mixed the 2 dressings together because it tastes delish! 😃 (just so you know... this is my go-to for when I eat spaghetti or manicotti) The rest of the time I'm a ranch dressing girlie.~ Now all the dark green sprinkles on top of the salad is the heavy amount of herbs that I chopped for the top. I always use what ever my herb garden has to offer. 

Steak: Now I did soak the meat in a salty brine

Yep, I did soak the meat in a salty brine of pink Hamalian salt for a bit. I always do this with a cheap cut of steak. Ha! It helps the meat absorb more water and hold its moisture. Makes it more tender / And nice flavor

Well, there's my Munch for Lunch for today

I wish you could have smelled the meat cooking... and I wish you could have tasted how yummy it was too. The picture just makes your mouth water, doesn't it? Yep... it was steak day at my house and the fresh seasoning and herbs is what made it taste so fresh and good. And ya know what... I didn't even have an expensive cut of steak either and it was tender and juicy. 

In Closing: This is a favorite meal for me~

There's just something about buttered sugar snap peas that goes perfect with a steak. Would you like to see my video of my favorite way to cook the sugar snap peas? I cook them in bacon and butter fat and it only takes about 8 minutes to cook. I posted the video on my youtube channel but your welcome to go watch. Hummm.... maybe I should post the full video on my blog too.

Here's the link if you'd like to watch: https://youtu.be/6zLjbZ5HOYE

"Live Everyday like a Holiday" Love Pam


HOLIDAYS TO REMEMBER

National Steak Day / April 25

National Bean Month / July

National Potato Month / September

National Salad Month / May



No comments: