Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Green Tomato Sausage Dogs


 
Munch for Lunch

My last 2 articles have been about tomatoes, and I just can't stop there. Nope! As I was writing my last 2 articles, I noticed June 1st was marked for National Tomato Day. Yip eeee! I'm smack in the middle of tomatoes up to my neck and I get to write another article about tomatoes all because of "Tomato Day."

Sooooooooo

My Munch for Lunch today is a grilled sausage dog topped with fresh off the vine green tomatoes.

Have you ever eaten a sausage dog like this?

Well guys....! I want you to try something different and see if you like these combined flavors. I really love it. Now the meat in the photo is grilled red hot sausages but I have tried fresh green tomatoes with beerbrats, kielbasa and I absolutely love it with Pork Bratwurst but I didn't have any more so I went with scoring red hots and grilling those instead. Now I like a good dark char on my dogs no matter what type of meat it is.

Fresh diced green tomatoes are firm and crisp. 

Green tomatoes taste great on a sausage dog when they are fresh cut. Try it fried with onions sometimes too ok. You know how much we love sausage dogs with onions and green peppers so try it with onions and green tomatoes instead. Come onnnnn.... give it a try. 😃

The Photo Above:

In the photo above of the tomato on the cutting board; is a tomato I picked from a miniature growing tomato plant. Sometimes they are called "table top" tomatoes because they only get around 1 to 2 feet tall and common to be placed on a table to grow. 😉 Did you know there was such a thing? They look like Roma tomatoes don't they?

In Closing

I encourage everyone to try new things and experience new flavors. I know most people don't eat green tomatoes but I was raised on them and it only seems natural for me to eat them on everything. lol......  Have a great lunch break today. Pam

Hot Dog Sausage / https://amzn.to/3x1Q1Qe

No comments: