Sunday, June 12, 2022

Making your study area a comfortable surrounding

Making your study area a comfortable surrounding

I think one of the best things I can do to combat the stress of working a lot on the laptop, is to make my work area a pleasant area. I spend a lot of time behind my laptop doing research for my videos and articles. So, when I'm working on time sensitive stuff my stress level moves up a notch. I really feel more relaxed if I make sure my desk area / work area is pleasing to me and comforting to me.

Here's a few ways I do that~

The way I do that is to make sure I have the little things around me that bring me joy and help me to relax. The photo above 🠝 is a good example of that. First, I'm drawn to lace and having a lace runner or tablecloth feels good to me.

A pretty cup and saucer

I need the saucer to hold the drippings from my hot tea or coffee since I have a tablecloth, so I will always use a pretty matching saucer. For some strange reason it makes me feel organized. Go figure~

I really can't function without a live plant on the table of some sort. 

It's either a houseplant, a little flower arrangement, a cluster of fresh herbs or a flower bulb that I'm forcing into bloom just like the one you see in the photo.

For one, live plants, herbs and flowers have pleasant smells that help to filter the air which I really love. And when you've come home from one job and have to jump straight away on your Internet articles you end up typing for hours. When that happens your tired... and when that wonderful smell moves across your nose it feels so up lifting and gives me strength to go on. The other is the fact that the plant is alive and having a bit of life sitting beside me is comforting.

Touch / Sight / Hearing / Smell / Taste

They say that if you follow the 5 senses you will be happier and more relaxed. Those 5 senses are (touch / sight / hearing / smell / taste) I think they are right about that because I'm always more content if I follow those suggestions and keep things around me that spark those senses.

Candlelight or a little lamp

The other things that I enjoy is a little small lamp of some type or a simple little candle. I love to look at candlelight and the smell is wonderful too. But if it's nighttime and I'm still writing then the flicker of the candle puts me to sleep instead of keeping me awake. I have to switch to the lamp at night. Ha!

The only other thing missing is...

...either tea and teacakes, fresh hot cookies out of the oven with milk, or coffee and cake sitting by the computer. Eating and drinking as I work is a must in my book. Ha! Hey, I bet those sweets help you think better too don't they! giggle~ I know it gives you energy. Well, let me be truthful... this is what I would do if it was early early morning, and I was typing before daylight. This would be my breakfast for sure. Smile~

In Closing

💡That's my thoughts for today. It's good to be reminded to keep the clutter away from the work area and to add the things around you that make you comfortable. 

📸If you ever want a close look at the picture I posted, just click the photo. It will expand in a large view window for a closer look. Then click the area you want to look even closer at and it will expand just that part of the photo too. 😀

And as always, I've listed related 📅 calendar dates below 🠟, and any related shopping links 🛒 that would be helpful to this article. 

 "Live everyday like a holiday." Pam

.............................................................★☆★............................................................

📅 September 29 / National Declutter Day
📅 National Work from Home Day / Last Thursday in JUNE
📅 November 2 / National Stress Awareness Day
📅 April / National Stress Awareness Month
.............................................................★☆★............................................................

► 🛒 ❤ Flower Bulbs for forcing indoors / https://amzn.to/3Q3iqOy
► 🛒 Bulb Forcing Jars / hard to find / https://amzn.to/3zqTtGU
► 🛒 ❤ Matching Teacups & Saucers / https://amzn.to/3NzNAM1
► 🛒 ❤ Lace Table Runners / https://amzn.to/3MxNenQ
► 🛒 Desk Candles / https://amzn.to/3H3imdA
► 🛒 Laptops / https://amzn.to/3xuqrF4

No comments: