Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Beat the Summer Heat with Infused Water


 In this post I'm talking about Infused Water

Do you guys infuse water very often? Well for me I do it quite often. I'm not much of a soda drinker but I am a tea and coffee drinker. But when it comes to something cool and refreshing to beat the summer heat, I take a walk to my patio garden and see what's available to me for the day. 

I have to say I make infused water every week

Sometimes I have ripe strawberries, sometimes I have blackberries, sometimes I have limes, sometimes I have cucumbers and I always have the run of herbs like mint, pineapple sage, lemon balm and lemon thyme. Those are the herbs that I enjoy making infused water with. I have even infused with some of my pineapple ground cherries which was a delight. (🛒pineapple ground cherry plant) Each week my water is a little different.

I do enjoy fruits like peaches, raspberries, blueberries and oranges in my water, but I have to get those from the grocery store right now. But when I have them, I use them. Same goes for melons and watermelon... which you can infuse also. 

I enjoy growing my own ginger and cucumbers in my garden and several different types of mint in my herb garden too, so it's only natural for me to make infused water when I have access to the bounty on my little patio. I sometimes add a few berries or blossoms from my elderberry tree when in season. And if the blackberries are in, I grab a hand full of those too. I love infused water using honeysuckle blossoms too. They are so sweet. But I only pick the sweet yellow blooms and not the cream color blooms. They are the sweetest. I even have a small lime tree that I love to infuse with ginger and mint which is actually a popular combination to infuse. (🛒 Infusion Jars)

Infused cucumber water has been around for a long time.

Cucumber water, is a mix of sliced cucumbers with citrus slices and herbs such as mint, is a popular infusion. It is sometimes known as "spa water" due to it being commonly served in day spas and similar personal care establishments.


1. It keeps you hydrated.

2. It helps with weight loss.

3. It delivers antioxidants.

4. It may help prevent cancer.

5. It lowers your blood pressure.

6. It supports healthy skin.

7. It boosts bone health.


Now let's talk about the preparation technique

Wikipedia says this: "Infusion is a chemical process that uses botanicals (typically dried herbs, flowers or berries) that are volatile and release their active ingredients readily in water, oil, or alcohol. In this process, a liquid is typically boiled (or brought to another appropriate temperature) and poured over the herb. After the herb has been allowed to steep in the liquid for an appropriate period of time, it is removed (possibly by straining) leaving an infusion. Unless the infusion is to be consumed immediately, it is bottled and refrigerated for future use."

The amount of time the herbs are left in the liquid depends on the kind of infusion. Infusion times can range from seconds (for some kinds of Chinese tea) to hours~

.......................................................★☆★......................................................

Closing thoughts ~

💡I hope you found this post fun and inspiring enough to try infusing your own water. It's good to be reminded that infused water is good for us and sweetened naturally from sweet fruit and berries. I think it looks beautiful in a glass too. 

👀 Now just so you know... I have a few more posts I'm writing about summer drinks so if this interests you then keep an eye out for them. I have more great pictures to share too!

💻 I placed this post in the "Garden Party" & "Summer Drinkscategories if you ever need to find it again. Remember this idea when celebrating any of the holidays in our calendar. 

📸 If you ever want a close look at the picture I posted, just click the photo. It will expand in a large view window for a closer look. Then click the area you want to look even closer at and it will usually expand just that part of the photo too. 😀

📅 And as always, I've listed related 📅 calendar dates below 🠟, and any related shopping links 🛒 that would be helpful to this article. 

 ðŸ˜„ It's so important to "Live everyday like a holiday." I hope this post will help you do just that. Love Pam

.......................................................★☆★......................................................

📅 June 18 / International Picnic Day
📅 April / National Picnic Day
📅 September 26 / National Family Day
📅 April 14 / National Gardening Day
📅 May 6 / National Beverage Day 
.......................................................★☆★......................................................

► 🛒 ❤ Infusion Jars / https://amzn.to/39thy5t
► 🛒 ❤ Sun Tea / https://amzn.to/3MPM3A3
.............................................................★☆★............................................................

No comments: