Thursday, June 16, 2022

Noodle Egg Salad with fresh chives / working with left overs


 I'm Craving Egg Salad but no bread to spread my egg salad on

No worries... I will just take the ingredients I have and make a noodle egg salad with it. That should still satisfy my craving for the taste of mayonnaise egg salad. 

I have plenty of chives on the patio, so I've chopped up plenty of that. In fact, it's been a full day of working with my chives. I spent much of my time watching the bees and butterfly's enjoying the pretty purple blooms. I had to take photos of the whole magical moment. I think I will save the shots for a future video. Giggle~ 

My brother gave me fresh eggs from his hens and fresh eggs always taste better, sadly he is getting rid of all his chickens he's had for a thousand years so no more fresh eggs for me. My oldest brother lives next door to me so I'm going to miss hearing those old roosters crowing each morning.

Now let's see what I have in my frig to work with. 

I have to say I'm not one who follows recipes. I mostly use what I've got and today is one of those days. Looks like I have mayonnaise, a tad bit of sour cream I need to use up, a 1/4 of cream cheese I need to use up and the bottom of the tub of yogurt I need to use up. I have plenty of boiled eggs now. I have plenty of chopped onions and chives. I have mustard but getting low. I have cayenne pepper I just picked off the vine so maybe I will chop up one of those. Oh there's what looks like 1/5 cup of grated cheddar cheese. I will get rid of that too. Wow, there's some capers! I forgot I had those! And... don't know what that is, better toss that out. And.... well no crackers or bread. But I do have noodles! Hummm... I think that's the making for a Noodle Egg Salad don't you? Wink~

Time to mix it up

Now all I have to do is cook up the noodles and mix it all together. I will let it rest for an hour or so to let the flavors mingle while I finish my chores and then I will be good and hungry for a simple lunch.


Making pasta salad is a great way to use up leftovers

It's really hard to mess up a noodle salad. It's almost fail safe. I like how most mayonnaise and cream base noodle salads can be eaten hot or cold just like a egg salad. Now this pasta salad has just as much boiled eggs in it as the pasta so the whole thing is a pretty yellow color with a few specks of red from the cayenne pepper and then the bright green color from the chives. It's pretty. 

But the best part is... using up all those left-over containers in the frig. "Yes" - The seasoning I used was simple. salt, pepper, garlic powder & a bit of celery flakes. I topped it with a bit of Avocado oil just because I love the stuff.

"Live everyday like a holiday". Pam

.......................................................★☆★......................................................

📅 March / National Noodle Month
📅 October 6 / National Noodle Day
📅 November 26 / National Leftover Day
.......................................................★☆★......................................................

► 🛒 ❤ Chives / https://amzn.to/3mOkzAj
► 🛒 ❤ Fresh Herbs / https://amzn.to/3xU7NH1
► 🛒 Fun Shape Pasta / https://amzn.to/3zDKy50
► 🛒 Regular Pasta / https://amzn.to/3aSfeVS
.............................................................★☆★............................................................

No comments: