Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Seafood Bisque with a bite


Happy
Seafood Bisque Day!
This is my personal recipe for seafood bisque with a bite. I adapted a easy seafood bisque recipe from.... I think allrecipes.com. I love any cream soup & I love seafood too. I can't make the traditional recipe which uses pureed shells because I'm allergic to the shells. My lips swell up. LOL! So I adapted my own easy, creamy bisque & added a bit of heat... well because I like a bit of heat in my food. But you can leave it out.

Ingredients

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
1 can of diced tomatoes or tomato soup
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
2 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
I tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Cooks Note: 
For less heat just leave out the cayenne pepper and hot pepper sauce. If you don't like tomatoes just leave them out. Serve with crusty bread for dipping. (I'm a bread girl so this is A must for me!!)

1 comment:

susane said...

Thank you for sharing this useful information! Hopefully you will continue with the kinds of things you do.

voyance gratuite en ligne par mail