Tuesday, August 22, 2006

August 22, 2006

Good Morning! It's a beautiful day today and I'm ready to tackle the Internet. I had a really good nights sleep and now I'm perched in my cushy chair with the laptop and I feel all snug and cumfy. I have my morning coffee in hand and I'm now set to get to surfing! You know your life has gone-ta-pott? 1. You know your life has gone-ta-pott when you fight the ants for that last M&M that is sitting on the seat of your car. 2. You know your life has gone-ta-pott when you stock your refrigerator with the catchup and mustard packs from the local fast food. Auto-Surfing I'm sure you all got the warning email from webhitsdaily or either read the warning on the website about the "No tolerance issue." I didn't think I had anything to worry about but ...... I guess I broke the rules at webhitsdaily.com. It looks like my site was suspended from rotation. The link I was rotating was my directory page for Auto-Surfing. http://www.entertainmentdirectory.homestead.com/surfing.html. Can somebody tell me why you think this page would be suspended? What am I missing? Is it because the links all open up in a new window? I guess I need to go back and read the rules again. I usually rotate one of my splash pages because they are clear of ads and they have no google links on them. If I rotate a page from my actual website that has google ads it breaks the google rules which say you can't rotate any pages on auto-surfs, traffic exchanges or etc. that have google links on them. I know this to well because google contacted me a few months ago and told me to remove my site from advertising exchanges. Geesh......... how the heck can I advertise my little website now??? I know I know what your thinking. You see sites all the time in rotation that have google adsense links don't you. Yep I know.... but sooner or later they will get a sweet little letter from google that will say stop it or be deleted from the google adsense program. I sure would like to find the happy medium here. You see I'm not really interested in getting referrals from my auto-surfing links so I would rather not rotate them. I would rather get advertising out for my own little website. We learn as we make mistakes. Plans for the day: My writings today will be short and sweet. I'm on my way to do a bit of reading at the emc forum before the hubby and I head to the beach for a few hours. I've already been on the computer for 5 hours and it's getting lunch time. Stephen and I plan to go have some fish n' chips before we take a nice relaxing walk on the beach front. There's nothing like the feel of the waves and sand rolling over your feet. It makes all your problems disappear for the day. I think the bulk of my working on the computer will be done tonight. Take Care, Pam

No comments: