Friday, January 26, 2018

A Good Reason to say For Pete's Sake


"For Pete's Sake" is exactly what I want to say today in honor of For Pete's Sake Day. And.... I have a good reason to say it too. ha ha!

Most of you know I'm a huge lover of all kind of crafts and I spend a fair amount of time holding a hot glue gun in my hand. Well.... giggle~ I also spend a fair amount of time holding a cup of coffee in my hand too. Well..... Yes you guessed it. I literally glued my coffee cup to my work table. "Forrrr Pete's Sakeeee" Can you believe that! 

Imagine my surprise when I reached for my cup and it didn't move. I was bewildered~ Oh my gosh and yall.... you can see from the picture that it was a full cup of coffee too. Have you ever tried to unstick a full cup of coffee without it spilling? IMPOSSIBLE

At first I tried to pry off the cup without spilling it. That didn't work. I couldn't bare to waist my coffee because I love coffee so much so I decided to bend down and sip all the coffee out of the cup I could while it was glued to the table. Well.... that didn't work. I then walked around the table in deep thought as to how I was going to handle this situation I had put myself in. grrrrrr! I went back to the table and tried to pry up the cup again without spilling. Nope! I ended up having to stuff a towel down in my cup and soak up the coffee as I took a screw driver and popped it loose. "For Pete's Sake" what a waist of a good cup of coffee. ha ha ha!

I was laughing at myself so much until I snapped a photo and posted it to my facebook page. So the lesson learned here is to never set a coffee cup near a hot glue gun. I had high power Gorilla glue in the gun too.  

"Live Every Day Like A Holiday" everyone! Don't sweat the little things and find joy and laughter in all things.  Smile~
........................................................................................................................................

Do you have a For Pete's Sake Story? Please do share
........................................................................................................................................

For Pete's Sake Day is celebrated every January 26

No comments: