Monday, January 29, 2018

What is a Bound Salad


Here I am doing research for a good subject to talk about for "Meatless Monday" and I came across "Bound Salads" - Hummm.... 

I don't know where I've been all my life but I had no clue what a bound salad was. So... I finished my reading and thought I would share my simple finding with those of you who's never heard of a bound salad either. wink~

Bound Salad
They are assembled with thick sauces such as mayonnaise. One portion of a true bound salad will hold its shape when placed on a plate with an ice-cream scoop. Examples of bound salad include tuna salad, pasta salad, chicken salad, egg salad and potato salad. 
Bound salads are often used as sandwich fillings. They are popular at picnics and barbecues.
......................................................................................................................

Facts to Remember: 
Meatless Monday is an international campaign that encourages people to not eat meat on Mondays to improve their health and the health of the planet. 
Egg salad is a bound salad that could be a choice for Meatless Monday.
.........................................................................................................................
resources: photo / the free dictionary / wikipedia /

No comments: