Tuesday, January 23, 2018

My January Painting Hobby


There's nothing more relaxing to me than finding myself a fun paint project. 


Painting has been a hobby of mine for as long as I can remember. So... in honor of January being National Hobby Month I thought it would be fun to share one of my latest projects I've been working on.

The picture to my left is a sweet little child's bench that my oldest brother built. Sometimes I pick out things to paint from his collection of woodworking projects and see what I can come up with. This week I felt bird-ish so I decided to paint a cute little owl theme on the back of the bench. I like to use my fingers a lot when I paint because they work just as good as a paintbrush. ha ha! Go Finger Painting! Snicker~ So I did just that with this little project too.

On the seat of the bench I painted the words "SIT WITH ME". A simple choice I know but words that I think an owl would say if he could talk. ha ha! 

Now on the legs I decided to go with the old splatter paint style. Yep I just slung paint on the legs and stood back and thought "I love to splatter paint." If you look at the picture to my left you can see how I splattered the legs. Not to heavy.... just a light splatter and it seems to go good with the rest of the bench. 

After the paint was all dry I sealed the wood with a really high shine gloss because kids can be pretty rough on things and it would help to protect the painted picture for yearssss. I think it will be a good keep sake for someone.

Owls are a favorite of mine so I had a really good time painting this. I'm also working on a butterfly bench that maybe I will share a picture of at a later time.

Ok guys.... In honor of National Hobby Month I hope everyone who reads this will leave a note in the comment section about what your hobbies are. I know there are lots of you that loves to paint just like me so let me know. 

Other hobbies of mine are:
woodworking, wood burning, ornament making, wreath makings, cooking, gardening, blogging, calligraphy writing, picture taking, pine cone crafts, nature watching, hiking, boating, swimming, bird watching, walking, camping, fish keeping, jigsaw puzzles, baking

In Closing:
Happy National Hobby Month everyone! I hope you set a side some time this month to relax and enjoy your favorite hobbies and "Live Everyday like a Holiday."
Take Care Pam


No comments: