Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Squares



4 or 5 years ago I fell in love with these pumpkin pie squares and baked batch after batch- but in one of my moves I lost the recipe. I thought it was a pillsbury recipe but I couldn't remember. I am happy to say that while surfing the Internet I ran across the recipe once again so I had to share it with everyone. I Love it!

Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Squares
Originally uploaded by Pillsbury.com
These squares would be great for National Pumpkin Month, Halloween, Thanksgiving or any Autumn Party. Shoot just make them anythime! So moist they melt in your mouth :)

INGREDIENTS
  • Crust
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
  • 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 box (4-serving size) butterscotch pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
  • Filling
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup flaked or shredded coconut, if desired
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix all crust ingredients until well combined. Press mixture in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
2. In same bowl, beat eggs. Stir in remaining filling ingredients until blended. Pour over crust.
3. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into squares. If desired, serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream. Store in refrigerator.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments: