Sunday, November 06, 2011

I love lazy mornings at home

I love it when I don't have to go anywhere or do anything. I love it when I have no deadlines to meet or people to see. Today has been one of those nice, soft, lazy days at home with hubby and my animals.

The day started out drinking coffee before daylight. I'm not sure why I got up so early when I could of slept in but I did. I lay there in bed thinking.... I better get up. I'm sure there's something I need to do and I just don't remember what it is. The thought wouldn't leave me alone so I pulled back my warm covers and got up. I slipped out of my sleep shirt and slid into my flannel PJ's for my early morning lounging.

I tipped toed around the house not making any noise. I didn't want to wake up hubby on his off day or our little dog who was asleep in our bed. The moon light was shining through the french doors in the back and I could see my cats sleeping in the chairs and curled up on the rug on the floor. I softly gave them all a pat but I didn't dare turn on any lights. Lights are like an alarm clock to my animals. They jump up and start running and running all around the house when I do.

The security light will shine right through my front window so all I had to do was crack the blinds and I could see how to make my way to my trusty coffee pot. I was looking forward to my first cup of morning coffee with my laptop. It's a morning ritual I really enjoy. I could hear my hubby snoring in the background while the coffee pot was talking to me. Hearing him snore from a distance and watching one furry cat have a morning stretch reminded me of how blessed I was.

I curled up on the couch with my coffee and my laptop. The first thing I did was check my emails then read tweets from twitter. I just love twitter :)  I clicked on 8 or 10 links and did my morning reading. I saw a post about cakes cooked in a mug and remembered how I use to make myself mug cakes all the time but I guess in my old age it slipped my mind. I made my way straight to the kitchen and did the recipe that I always did about 10 years ago. Just a minute and 1/2 in the microwave and it was done. I made myself a chocolate mug cake and pored caramel syrup on top and a bit of thick cream I use with my coffee. Back I went to snuggle on the couch in my PJ's with my hot coffee mug, my hot cake in a mug and my laptop. I loved my lazy morning at home.
Pam
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

A chocolate mug cake for breakfast? Pam, you are my kind of gal!I like early mornings, too, although since I stay up so late, I generally see them from the other end. ;-)