Sunday, November 20, 2011

Game-Day Spinach Pull-Apart Recipe


The pull-apart coffee cake I did this week turned out good so I thought I would try this Spinach pull-apart too. Pillsbury calls it "Game-Day Spinach Pull-Apart" and that's exactly what I'm fixing it for. Sunday Night Football is tonight so I'm feeding my hubby a finger food supper complete with spinach pull-apart. LOL! Hummm... I wonder what other pull-apart recipes I can find? I think I'm on a pull-apart kick.

Game-Day Spinach Pull-Apart
Originally uploaded by Pillsbury.com
INGREDIENTS
  • 3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
  • 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
  • 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain and finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, if desired
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated garlic butter crescent dinner rolls (16 rolls)
  • 1 cup marinara sauce, heated, if desired

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. In small bowl, mix butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic salt; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, basil, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic salt until blended; set aside.
3. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to make total of 32 small triangles. Stretch or press 1 triangle slightly, being careful not to tear it. Spoon 1 tablespoon spinach mixture onto center of triangle; pull dough around mixture into a ball. Press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining triangles.
4. Roll each ball in butter mixture; layer in pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Cool 10 minutes longer. Serve warm with marinara sauce.

1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

I was just sifting through the cupboards trying to think of something I can "throw" together to warm up the house today. I hope I have all the ingredients for this. It sounds, just right. Enjoy the games!!!

Thanks for sharing, Pam...