| Classic Baked Corn Pudding Recipe |
Originally uploaded by Betty Crocker Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk (1 quart)
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 2 bags (12 oz) Green Giant ® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
2. In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Stir in milk. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Gradually stir in eggs and cheese. Stir in corn and parsley. Pour into baking dish.
3. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and 3 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over corn mixture.
4. Bake uncovered 55 to 65 minutes or until mixture is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.