| Reindeer Feed Recipe |
Originally uploaded by Betty Crocker Recipes
Guys It's Really Pretty... and the kids love the title.
Hey save the recipe for your next Christmas Party too! Just so you know... I made a big batch of this last night. I mean really, it only has 3 ingredients in it. I really love vanilla baking chips and this simple recipe calls for 2 whole cups. I thought the crushed peppermint added a nice red touch to the snack which makes it perfect for gift giving. In fact I'm making this for Christmas food gifts this year. There's a slight pink tent to parts of it so I think it would work great as a Valentines gift as well. I don't think you would want to call it "Reindeer Feed" if your giving it for Valentines Day though. giggle~ Betty Crocker may even have a Valentine name for it. Hummm what could you call it. Love Potion # 9? haha! But for now.... it's great Internet food and TV food for me. :)
- 6 cups Rice Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy canes (14 miniature, unwrapped)
1. Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper. Place cereal in large bowl.
2. In microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Stir in half the crushed peppermint candy.
3. Pour over cereal; toss to evenly coat. Spread mixture in single layer on cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with remaining candy. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Gently break up coated cereal. Store in airtight container.
Betty Crocker Tip: To make feed bag, cut two 6 1/2 x 5-inch rectangles from a piece of muslin-type fabric. Using a hot glue gun, run a bead of glue on edge of three sides of one rectangle. Top with other rectangle to form pocket. Turn pocket inside-out. Roll down top opened edge to create a cuff.
Betty Crocker Tip: This recipe is gluten free. When cooking gluten free always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Red Planet Day: The 4th planet in the solar system.
Thank You to MunatyCooking blog for the sweet sunshine cookbook :)