Quite obviously, this day was created for commercial reasons. In honor of November 12 being Chicken Soup for the Soup Day we've decided to list a chicken soup & dumpling recipe by pillsbury. Remember for Soup Month too. :)
| Chicken Soup and Grands!® Dumplings |
Originally uploaded by Pillsbury.com
3 cans (19 oz each) Progresso® Traditional chicken noodle soup
1 3/4 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 egg, beaten
Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven, combine soup and broth. Bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each in half.
3. Dip biscuit halves in egg, coating all sides; drop into boiling soup. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. (Soup must be at a medium boil.) Cover; cook an additional 10 minutes or until dumplings are light and fluffy.
4. To serve, carefully remove dumplings from soup. Ladle soup into bowls. Top each with dumplings. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Read about healing chicken noodle soup