|Easy Salted Peanut Chews |
Originally uploaded by Betty Crocker Recipe
I was thinking... this would probably be good for a holiday gift too. If I can get them to cut as smooth as the photo shows I'll think I'll give this as a gift. I know the perfect person who goes crazy over peanuts so this should be the perfect treat.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
2. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in pan using floured fingers.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows over crust; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
4. In 4-quart saucepan, cook corn syrup, butter, vanilla and chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Remove from heat; stir in cereal and nuts. Immediately spoon cereal mixture evenly over marshmallows. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase first bake time to 15 to 18 minutes.
Find more recipes at www.bettycrocker.com.